If you have a website and you don't already have a Google account, you probably need one!
A Google account is needed to access Google's services including all of the search / SEO and submission tools you will need such as:
- Google Search Console
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
Setting up a Google account is free. It is very simple and only takes a few minutes.
The main Google Account Sign-Up page is at: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
You just need to enter your first and last names, choose a username (or use your existing e-mail address), create your password and enter a couple of details.
You do need to enter a mobile phone number and an existing e-mail address as Google will use these for security or password reminders.
Once you have entered your details, you will be sent a text message (SMS) with a verification code before you can use your account.
Setting up a Google Account takes about 60 seconds to complete and opens the whole world of Google products (from services you may already know and use such as YouTube, Picasa Photos, Google Maps and GMail to business services such as Ad Words, Google My Business and AdSense).
For a full list of Google's services, please visit the Google Products page.
Mark Woodroof is a qualified marketing coach who was awarded a BA(Hons) in Business and a Diploma in Marketing (from the Chartered Institute of Marketing) in the early 1990's and has spent the last 20 years working with private and public sector organisations.
During that time, Mark has worked with hundreds of business owners helping them to grow their businesses, launch new products and services, set up and manage their own marketing plans, websites and digital marketing strategies.
Today, he specialises in Digital Marketing, Social Media, WordPress Development and marketing automation systems such as ActiveCampaign & Infusionsoft.
Mark's areas of expertise include:
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Software Development Project Management (Microsoft.Net & Laravel)
- Customer Relationship Management Systems (Infusionsoft, Zoho & Insightly)
- Web Design & Development
- Digital Marketing Campaign Development
- Mailing List Services (eg AWeber, Mailchimp)
- Traffic Generation Strategies & Tactics
- Sales Funnels, Squeeze Pages & Online Conversion
- Customer Value Optimization
- BA(Hons) Business Studies (University of Portsmouth)
- Diploma in Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing)
- Level 5 in Coaching and Mentoring (Chartered Management Institute)
- DigitalMarketer Certifications:
- Certified Content Marketing Specialist
- Certified Customer Acquisition Specialist
- Certified Customer Value Optimization Specialists