Online marketing strategy is all about making sure you have a sensible plan for linking your activities together.
There are lots of techniques and thousands of pages of advice out there to help you build traffic to your website and grow your business. But it all comes down to a single, simple strategy…give your online marketing activities a focal point – you can think of this as your marketing ‘hub'….
The logical ‘hub' for your marketing activities is your website or blog – this can act as a central focal point for all of your content marketing efforts with your social media and online interactions all leading back to this central point.
A website or blog using WordPress is very easy and cost-effective to set up and can act as a platform for you to host and share your content online. With a few additional plugins, you can have opt-in forms to allow users to register with your e-mail list, host landing pages (also known as squeeze pages) and include any type of content you can think of from blog posts, through to infographics, video content or podcasts.
Every time you post something online, you can then link back to your marketing hub to drive traffic to your site and build your online audience.
Mark Woodroof is a qualified marketing coach who was awarded a BA(Hons) in Business and a Diploma in Marketing (from the Chartered Institute of Marketing) in the early 1990's and has spent the last 20 years working with private and public sector organisations.
During that time, Mark has worked with hundreds of business owners helping them to grow their businesses, launch new products and services, set up and manage their own marketing plans, websites and digital marketing strategies.
Today, he specialises in Digital Marketing, Social Media, WordPress Development and marketing automation systems such as ActiveCampaign & Infusionsoft.
Mark's areas of expertise include:
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Software Development Project Management (Microsoft.Net & Laravel)
- Customer Relationship Management Systems (Infusionsoft, Zoho & Insightly)
- Web Design & Development
- Digital Marketing Campaign Development
- Mailing List Services (eg AWeber, Mailchimp)
- Traffic Generation Strategies & Tactics
- Sales Funnels, Squeeze Pages & Online Conversion
- Customer Value Optimization
- BA(Hons) Business Studies (University of Portsmouth)
- Diploma in Marketing (Chartered Institute of Marketing)
- Level 5 in Coaching and Mentoring (Chartered Management Institute)
- DigitalMarketer Certifications:
- Certified Content Marketing Specialist
- Certified Customer Acquisition Specialist
- Certified Customer Value Optimization Specialists